Groove Contingency is a Dallas based all-star ensemble taking a modern approach to vintage styles. Groove Contingency brings a sound that blends funk, soul, post-bop, latin jazz, egyptian folk music, and hip-hop into a progressive stew dedicated to the preservation of the motion of hips.
The vision of world percussionist and Toca artist Jackson Butt, Groove Contingency is an example of the talent laden jazz and soul community in North Texas, using the groove as a multicultural platform to expand and express their musical boundaries - Featuring the...
- Guitar/voice of Kevin Snearley (Gravity Feed, Montu),
- Keys/Voice of Jamie Ringholm (Prohphets and Outlaws, CoLab)
- Bass/keys of multi-instumentalist/producer, simply known as “Q” (Poetic Menace)
- Trombone/voice of Gaika James (Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Toby Keith)
- Saxophone of Lee Schloss (Aurthor Conley, The Temptations, Natalie Cole)
- Trumpet/voice of Daniel Hardaway (Tyler the Creator, Dovetail, Boss Level)
Groove Contingency is currently recording their first EP and is booking shows as:
Full Ensemble Featuring Special Guests
A quartet that focuses more on jazz, standards, and world music - for more intimate settings